One of my least favorite thing about Arch Linux is the frequency of updates. I
get a ton of anxiety when I see the number of packages creep up past 100, but at the same time, I also hate having to update 3 or 4 times per day.
To help combat these negative feels, I’ve decided to start running updates just once per week, usually on Friday. Doing it later in the week allows me the
weekend to fix things if anything goes off the rails.
So this past Friday’s dilemma was related to the
libgedit-amtk package being in conflict with the
amtk package, which went something like this when I ran
I have little to know insight to what these packages are other than it looks
like it’s related to the
gedit text editor. I honestly didn’t even realize it was installed, as I have been using Text Editor on the rare occasions that I’m editing text outside of Vim.
Not knowing what these packages were, I went ahead and hit
Y to remove
amtk in favor of
Nothing exploded, and my system rebooting just fine afterwards. Easy win.